Monday, October 31, 2011

"New to NCMS" Mrs. Graziano

Each month, I will highlight a new staff member here at NCMS.  The first teacher I will highlight is Mrs. Graziano.  She has proven to be a strong addition to not only our staff, but also her grade level team "The All Stars".  We look forward to the new things that she introduces to her students through her mathematics instruction.  

Can you tell us a little about your background?

My name is Kim Graziano and I am a graduate of Rhode Island College with a bachelor’s degree in Elementary education, Math and a Middle school endorsement. My wonderful family consists of my husband Anthony, my sixteen year old son Anthony, my ten year old daughter Taylar and my four year old Siberian Husky Mia.

Why did you become a teacher? 

As far back as I can remember, teaching was my calling in life. I think back to when my friends and I would play school for hours on end. There was never another career path that I wanted to take. Immediately after graduating high school, I attended Rhode Island College. Two years later, I chose to get married and start a family and I left my education behind. I was fortunate enough to stay home with my children. Then, I woke up one morning and my daughter was starting Kindergarten. Quickly, I made the decision to jump back into my teaching career. Attending school full time, a family, and a night job proved to be a struggle but, I was determined to fulfill my dream.

What appealed to you about North Cumberland Middle School?

North Cumberland Middle school was exactly where I wanted to teach. Math is being pushed to the forefront to provide students with the knowledge needed to become successful. Students need to view Math with excitement and confidence. The staff at NCMS provides a caring and supportive community that I wanted to be a part of. Students are eager to learn and clearly feel part of a family here.

Tell us something interesting about yourself.

As a child, I have always been taught to give back in life. Wanting to instill these same values in my children, I decided to become a foster parent. My family provides children who are less fortunate with a loving, stable home. Making a difference in the lives of these children has been a blessing to us and I am thankful that we are capable of making a positive impact on these children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment